• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Birds seen within Leicester city boundry. (1 Viewer)

Update on the city list: Thanks is due Mark Skevington who told me that I had missed three species off the list, Shoveler, Cormorant and Little Ringed Plover and the addition of Turtle Dove over WCPS on the 18th. The list now stands at 118.
Cheers,
Dave.

A Quick update on the city list:
I found a Caspian and a Yellow legged Gull yesterday@ Watermead CP South. Other birds I have seen and heard over the week have included Brambling, 3 Crossbills and Rock Pipit over the mammoth viewpoint! So the totals on the doors have now reached 125, so maybe Steve I might just reach 130 before the end of the year?!

Cheers,
Dave.

Just a quick update: No more species as yet, but I have found 3 Caspian Gulls (2 Adts and 1 first-winter) over the last week at Watermead CP South. This is probably only the third, fourth and fifth records for the city boundaries!

Cheers,
Dave.

Up date on my city list:
My list is currently on 126 for the city with the latest sighting of an Egyptian Goose flying over Birstall Meadows towards to the city centre on the 18th.
So with a few days left of the year I don't think I'm going to add to my total as i'm off to Scotland for the New Year on the 29th.

Cheers,
Dave.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back