• BirdForum is the net's largest birding community dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE!

Register for an account to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS. Discover the fascinating world of birds, and win a birding trip to Columbia

Birdsong ID please - Hedgerows, Eyebrook Reservoir, Leicestershire, UK (1 Viewer)

Derbyfella

Good afternoon all. Can anyone please ID this from the song/sounds. It was in the hedge on the side of the road,next to a thin field and then the reservoir... brown, sparrowish size with lighter/white outer tail feathers.

Thank you

THE_FERN

As Butty suggested whitethroat's a good option. Scratchy song?

(Dunnock is probably the most frequently mis/unidentified "sparrow" on the forum)

Derbyfella

Lets see if this works.

I don't believe it was whitethroat either, unfortunately the birds were the other side of the road and slightly behind my car and only saw one of them well enough to say...my honest first impression was something like linnet(but no obvious red colour)/some sort of bunting?

Attachments

• Great Easton Lane 2.mp3
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
  • Great Easton Lane 3.mp3
    527.3 KB · Views: 0
  • Great Easton Lane.mp3
    639.6 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Derbyfella

Thanks Butty. That’s what I thought originally, but I wasn’t sure...they made some more interesting sounds too, but I didn’t catch them...oh well another one on the year list.

ZEISS. Discover the fascinating world of birds, and win a birding trip to Columbia

Users who are viewing this thread