• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Birdwatching in Gran Canaria (1 Viewer)

Amtb_CH

Switzerland
Hi all,

I am going next week to Gran Canaria. I know pretty well the island, but this will be the first time for me birdwatching there. Do you have any suggestions on spots or areas where to go?

Thank you in advance.

The oasis area at Maspalomas - it used to be called El Charco and maybe still is - attracts a lot of the migrants/vagrants on the island.
The pine forest in the mountainous centre of the island is the only place in the world to see Gran Canaria Blue Chaffinch.
It is generally not a well-covered island by visitors but there are resident birders and hopefully someone will respond but with a bit more than I can offer.

You want to check out the blue tits, chaffinches and robins too. These are either split as separate species or probably should be. The botanical gardens is an easy place to find and see them.

Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back