• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Black bellied Plover? S Thailand, April 3, 2022 (1 Viewer)

bhutjoe

Hi, I am wondering if this is a black bellied plover as opposed to a pacific golden plover. The white seemed much whiter than the golden plovers I am used to seeing here, and seemed to me to lack the "golden" sheen on the back. I am seeking confirmation or correction, as always. The latter are the common plover species here. Black bellied would actually be quite rare in the spring, the only records are in the fall. Photos were taken in a marshy area at the Hat Yai Water Treatment Plant. I have attached at the end of the series of photos a shot of a pacific golden plover also taken on April 3 at the Plant, though not the same area of it.
Thank you in advance for your assistance and time.
steve

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_149f.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_149f.jpeg
    455.9 KB · Views: 20
  • DSCN7757.JPG
    DSCN7757.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 21
  • DSCN7758.JPG
    DSCN7758.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 21
  • DSCN7760.JPG
    DSCN7760.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 22
  • DSCN7714.JPG
    DSCN7714.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 19
Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back