• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS. Discover the fascinating world of birds, and win a birding trip to Columbia

Black or Common Redstart on Cyprus yesterday (1 Viewer)

Aladdin

Supporter
Thailand
Dear Members and bird watchers!

I spotted this male and female on a tree on Cyprus yesterday. I ID the bird as Black Redstart. But now I am a little doubtful as I see that the Common Redstart also have grey cap on some pictures I see.

Anyone know if my original ID as a Black Redstart was correct?

Most appreciated

Kind regards and happy birding
Aladdin

Attachments

• 538.jpg
    538.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 29
  • 539.jpg
    539.jpg
    129 KB · Views: 29

Aladdin

Supporter
Thailand
Yes, Black Redstart is correct ........ a male & female!

Shane
Thak you! Leaving Cyprus today after 14 days bird watching and I have seen a lot of Black Redstarts. No pictures as all of them flew away.

But these two just sat there letting me take as many picture I wanted. I was a little confused with the light colour of the female as all the others have been very dark

Thanks again
Aladdin

ZEISS. Discover the fascinating world of birds, and win a birding trip to Columbia
ZEISS. Discover the fascinating world of birds, and win a birding trip to Colombia
ZEISS. Discover the fascinating world of birds, and win a birding trip to Colombia

Users who are viewing this thread