• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
Feel the intensity, not your equipment. Maximum image quality. Minimum weight. The new ZEISS SFL, up to 30% less weight than comparable competitors.

Black, white, and purple-crowned hummingbird in an online video with no source given. (1 Viewer)

Tired

United States
I hope this is okay to post here. It's not my footage, but I assume a link to a source (even if that source stole it) is acceptable.
I saw this video today, on an account that seems to specialize in reposting various cute and interesting videos from around the web. No source is given for the video. There's a really beautiful hummingbird that appears near the end of the clip, black and white with a purple crown. I'd like to know what species it is, so I can find out where it's from.
Does anyone recognize this beauty?

njlarsen

Gallery Moderator
Opus Editor
Supporter
Barbados
It looks like you also have Chestnut-breasted Coronet and Speckled Hummingbird, but I'd wait for more opinions on those!
Certainly yes for the coronet and I think you are right for the speckled H as well. At 14 seconds there is a short flash of a hummer with green throat which I am unsure about.
Niels

Warning! This thread is more than 1 year ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread