• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Blackbird Food. (1 Viewer)

wilberfloss

Could anyone recommend a food that blackbirds like to eat? I can hear one singing at any given moment of the day but it never comes into my garden to sample the various seed which has fallen from the birds' feeders, visiting only occasionally for a swift half from my birdbath. As I take a great deal of pleasure from their song - the jazzmen of Birdland - I'd like to give a little back to them.

Thanks in advance.

They like mealworms. Also grapes, chopped apples and pears, grated cheese all go down well here. They are ground feeders so won't visit a hanging feeder.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back