• BirdForum is the net's largest birding community dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE!

Register for an account to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Blank space? vs limited display list .... and no page number navigation. (1 Viewer)

Chosun Juan

Given to Fly
Australia - Aboriginal
Ollie - I'm not seeing the empty space that some people have mentioned.

I can only see about 5 or 6 thread titles on my Samsung Note 3 screen (5.7" full 1080p HD resolution) , and only up to 10 before it wants me to press 'view more' to go to the next batch of thread listings (page).

On the old site I could see ~25 or so from memory on the one page.

Also there are no page numbers top and bottom of the list to navigate by like the old site.

Thanks.

Chosun ๐Ÿ™†

Deb Burhinus

Used to be well known! ๐Ÿ˜Ž
Europe
The numbers only start to appear on the top left or bottom right of the thread once the thread goes over one page -( like the old system)

Chosun Juan

Given to Fly
Australia - Aboriginal
Page navigation appears at the bottom of the thread in portrait mode on my phone.

Turning the orientation to landscape also makes those navigation buttons visible at the top of the thread.

Chosun ๐Ÿ™…

Chosun Juan

Given to Fly
Australia - Aboriginal
Ollie - some more information.

I have found the page navigation buttons at the top of thread - but only in landscape mode on my phone (Samsung Note 3).

They always appear at the bottom of the page no matter which orientation.

I am just getting:

<< | Prev | _ of _ | Next | >>

buttons though. Nowhere to navigate to an intermediate page, or 'goto' a page number. Some of the threads are thousands of pages, so this is useful.
Deb has mentioned three vertical dots between numbers ? on another thread - but I am not seeing that at all.

Also, with the blank space on the right hand side of the page that Andy mentioned, I find that I can sometimes experience that when returning from landscape orientation back to portrait orientation (rhs of screen blank). I can rectify this by refreshing the tab which returns the display to full width in portrait orientation.

Thanks for all you are doing ! ๐Ÿ‘

Chosun ๐Ÿ™…

Deb Burhinus

Used to be well known! ๐Ÿ˜Ž
Europe
Chosan, Iโ€™ve just checked on my Samsung Galaxy S5 mini -

It has a really small screen btw so I can also only see 5 or 6 thread titles. I am not seeing any empty space people have mentioned because I have no ad blockers on my phone - all the empty space is filled with ads! The quality of the images though and speed that the pages download are impressive!

The page sequence is at the bottom of each forum and if you tap on it (highlighted in orange) you can still get the โ€˜go to page menu boxโ€™ ie pages of the whole forum to find threads. The same with individual threads.

CHOSAN - there is only one page navigation bar on mobile so you need to scroll to the bottom to use it. There are no dots but an orange rectangle with the numbers on - tap that and the go to options appear,.

Perhaps out of necessity for compatibility, there is a modified interface for mobile phones?

The โ€˜blank spacesโ€™ are just due to different download speeds, some ads and media takes longer for text so you get a โ€˜blankโ€™ until the page has fully loaded.

It all seems to be working fine so far on my mobile.

Last edited:

Chosun Juan

Given to Fly
Australia - Aboriginal
Ah, ok - thanks.
I just tried it, and now, I can indeed navigate via 'goto' page number - (this wasn't available to me over previous days) - but all good from now. ๐Ÿ‘

As mentioned, the buttons at the top of the page are viewable when in landscape orientation.

Chosun ๐Ÿ™…

Users who are viewing this thread