• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Blue-tailed Damselfly. (1 Viewer)

Many thanks for your comments on the BTD Swindon Addick. I wondered if you would like to also comment on these two BTD.

Attachments

• Immature Female Blue-tailed.JPG
    Immature Female Blue-tailed.JPG
    135.6 KB · Views: 7
  • Immature Male Blue-tailed.JPG
    Immature Male Blue-tailed.JPG
    338.3 KB · Views: 7
The pink one is rufescens and the male is a male! I see you have it labelled as immature and I expect that's because it has a green thorax. But they can often be found mating while still with 'immature' colouration - as they only live for about 10 days they've just got to get on with it.

Attachments

• 600D_8013.jpg
    600D_8013.jpg
    200.4 KB · Views: 3
Many thanks for this Paul. I'm quite pleased that I was right on both counts. But to hear they only live for around 10 days, so often found mating in immature colouration is fascinating.

Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back