• BirdForum is the net's largest birding community dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE!

Register for an account to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Blue tit: Is this little fellow OK? (1 Viewer)

John Nihon

Any advice please or is it just that it may have been bathing the past couple of days and not dried off fully, although it's the only one I've seen having a bad feather couple of days?

John Nihon

Could it be trichomonosis? Although I think it is eating and I can't determine if it has laboured breathing. Just wondering if I should take the feeders down for the time being to be on the safe side.

John Nihon

Trystan

May not be anything, but some of the nuts in the feeder look black and mouldy so if that's the case, it at least needs cleaning out and replenishing.

PYRTLE

Old Berkshire Boy
I would also encourage you to remove the feeder and contents as mentioned above, as well as cleaning and sanitizing any other nearby feeders, as a first step. Sling all the peanuts in the bin and refill will good quality food. Same with any bird baths. Not sure why the plumage looks so dishevelled but if the bird is feeding then that's a positive.

Good luck

John Nihon

I would also encourage you to remove the feeder and contents as mentioned above, as well as cleaning and sanitizing any other nearby feeders, as a first step. Sling all the peanuts in the bin and refill will good quality food. Same with any bird baths. Not sure why the plumage looks so dishevelled but if the bird is feeding then that's a positive.

Good luck
Many thanks for your comments guys, all done!

Users who are viewing this thread