• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Blue tits still eyeing up a non-existent hole (1 Viewer)

TimmyP

United Kingdom
About two weeks ago, my neighbour alerted me to a small hole under my lead flashing around my chimney where blue tits were getting into the space (presumably eyeing up a potential nest site). Interesting, at the same time I heard a lot of early morning pecking coming from my loft space but just ignored it. A roofer has now plugged up the hole with new lead flashing. The hole is now completely sealed. Since the roofer visited, I have heard no pecking. However, since the hole was plugged-up blue tits are still eyeing up the non-existent hole - when will blue tits admit defeat and no longer be interested in the now non-existent hole?

Welcome to Birdforum. I hope you enjoy your visits.

I expect they will move on to find a nesting site soon.

Hi there Timmy and a warm welcome to you from those of us on staff here at BirdForum (y)
We're glad you found us and please join in wherever you like. ;)

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back