• BirdForum is the net's largest birding community dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE!

Register for an account to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS. Discover the fascinating world of birds, and win a birding trip to Columbia

Blue Tits: WOW !! 😲 (1 Viewer)

John Nihon

Two days ago we had around 9 blue tits pay a visit (all at the same time) with an odd great tit and a robin. Never seen so many and was really REALLY impressed. It was a WOW moment for me! I never thought I'd see so many again.

However, this morning there were around 20 blue tits, at least!! I just couldn't count them all as they continuously kept toing and froing upto 8 (max) on each feeder (we have 2 active nut feeders, the other feeders being currently empty) at the same time. The air and trees were full of them!

I am currently writing this passed out on the floor. It was a stunning sight to behold!

PS. I also spied one great tit but he/she didn't appear phased by being vastly out numbered.

:D :D

Jon Turner

They can be very prolific. On two occasions I ringed 42 in my previous garden in a morning, and that didn't include any retraps.

John Nihon

ZEISS. Discover the fascinating world of birds, and win a birding trip to Columbia

Users who are viewing this thread