• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Blyth's Reed Warbler? At Coonoor, Tamil Nadu, India (1 Viewer)

rsriram9

Hi, is this Blyth's Reed Warbler? All three are images of the same bird. Appreciate help in identifying it. Thanks very much!

Attachments

• DSC_9070.jpeg
    DSC_9070.jpeg
    121.7 KB · Views: 81
  • DSC_9071.jpeg
    DSC_9071.jpeg
    107.1 KB · Views: 78
  • DSC_9074.jpeg
    DSC_9074.jpeg
    104.1 KB · Views: 78
I must admit, Greenish wasn’t my first reaction here but then nor was Booted - I was thinking is it a Chiffchaff type of phylosc with a strangely robust bill?! - I then noticed the flared super behind the eye and green in the coverts - then reading Graham’s post with the ID, it all made sense!

Greenish Warbler in active pre-breeding moult.

Grahame
A-h-h 😮...Initially I did note the green tints (but still being in Acro/Hippolais mode from the previous thread) I put the green tints down to photo artefact. Funnily enough, I found a Greenish a few years back now on Blakeney Point...but that came with the requisite “wing bar”.

Last edited:
Hi, is this Blyth's Reed Warbler? All three are images of the same bird. Appreciate help in identifying it. Thanks very much!
Even if you feel you have an id by now or not, please remember that location and timing would be really helpful for those answering! Current guidelines state that the location should be in the thread title.

Niels

Noted Niels. I did state this was sighted in Coonoor, will add more details.
Even if you feel you have an id by now or not, please remember that location and timing would be really helpful for those answering! Current guidelines state that the location should be in the thread title.

Niels

Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back