• BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE!

You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Blyth's Reed Warbler? Iran-song id (1 Viewer)

ehsan

Ehsan Talebi
I recorded these songs in April and May in a desert orchard in the northeast of Iran.

Thank you in advance

Attachments

• 20190430_082120.mp3
    582.6 KB · Views: 33
  • 20190501.mp3
    749.9 KB · Views: 26

HH75

Hi Ehsan,
With the proviso that this may not be full crystallised song, and, as such, the tempo and extent of mimicry may be affected, it does remind me in places of Blyth's Reed Warbler in its repetition of some phrases. That said, would this be a bit early for the species, a late migrant, even this far south?
I'd be uneasy about excluding plastic song from various Acrocephalus/Hippolais/Iduna based on the available evidence, but, that said, others will have far more experience with spring Blyth's Reed Warbler than I have. I'd be interested in a definitive authoritative opinion from someone more knowledgeable myself.
Regards,
Harry

ehsan

Ehsan Talebi
Hi Ehsan,
With the proviso that this may not be full crystallised song, and, as such, the tempo and extent of mimicry may be affected, it does remind me in places of Blyth's Reed Warbler in its repetition of some phrases. That said, would this be a bit early for the species, a late migrant, even this far south?
I'd be uneasy about excluding plastic song from various Acrocephalus/Hippolais/Iduna based on the available evidence, but, that said, others will have far more experience with spring Blyth's Reed Warbler than I have. I'd be interested in a definitive authoritative opinion from someone more knowledgeable myself.
Regards,
Harry

Hi Harry
I don't think that it's early for Blyth's Reed Warbler. Actually I took a picture of a BRW in that location on April 30 but I'm not sure if the song belongs to that individual. The bird was shy and I couldn't see it properly.

Attachments

• DSC_6461.jpg
    DSC_6461.jpg
    156.4 KB · Views: 44

Scridifer

Bulgaria
Hi Harry
I don't think that it's early for Blyth's Reed Warbler. Actually I took a picture of a BRW in that location on April 30 but I'm not sure if the song belongs to that individual. The bird was shy and I couldn't see it properly.

Can't help with the ID but that is a cracking photo Ehsan!

Chris

Users who are viewing this thread