• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Boat trip Seward, Alaska, June 2019? (1 Viewer)

Hello Birders!

We are 4 birders from Sweden going to Alaska in June 2019.
We are planning to do a boat trip (8 hours long I Think) from Seward.
Any other birders keen to join us (to make the boat trip cheaper)?

At least 2 -4 more birders more on the trip would reduce the price!

Currently, the price for the boat (considered to be the best boat for bird watchers and photography) is over 300 $ per person.

We plan to do the boat trip around June 20, but exact date is not yet set.
Let me know!

/ Mattias Ullman, Sweden

Maybe we’ll do it in early June instead! Anyone interested, to reduce the price?

Hi Mattias

We are a group of four going to Alaska for nearly three weeks in 2019.

We have also booked a Seaward trip (glacier). If you're a group of four you may well be paying the lowest price - it's expensive. The price I think we're paying, on a minimum of four travelling, is $270

The date of our trip is 28 May which may slightly be too early for you. If not, you would be very welcome to join us.

Hope this helps.

Mike

A few years ago we did the Captain's Choice tour with Kenai Fjords Tours.
https://www.alaskacollection.com/day-tours/kenai-fjords-tours/northwestern-fjord-tour/
This seems to be same trip you are talking about and is MUCH cheaper. Before you set off they ask what your priorities are and then they will accommodate them.
We saw Kittlitz's murrelet, parakeet and rhinoceros auklets, both puffins, ancient murrelet, orcas, etc. etc. but the highlight was more than an hour with bubblenetting humpbacks.
Hope this helps
Rob

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back