• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Book Finished Today (1 Viewer)

The title, 'Razor in the Wind', is taken from the lyrics of "Spanish Stroll" by Mink Deville. It is strictly a no-no to quote song lyrics in books without permission (& usually a large fee) but the publishers have assured me that the title is fine - which means it falls within the amount allowed to be used.
So, 'Razor in the Wind' it is.
Watch this space, they're working on it!

While you wait, here's a piece of prose-poetry I wrote yesterday.

A dozen different still-wet grasses arch across the snaking path; the meadow vetch-and-ranunculus-run - yellow blooms below a thunderous, plumbeous sky.
The stone-stepped style hips the field's angle where the wild rose rises through the ash, spying the valley beyond.
Amongst the scramble of the pinkish petals young Lesser Whitethroats beg, white-chinned, dark headed, impatient.
House Martins squeeze between trees' tops and cloud as thunder thumps and the slopes jump and judder under its buckle.

H

Last edited:
I have missed your writings, H. As always, that is beautifully crafted; I really like the thunderous, plumbeous sky. Wonderful.

Thanks, Kits, I enjoyed the making of that, and rather like it, if I'm allowed the indulgence.

Edit: and you'll have to forgive the spelling mistake which I can no longer edit: read stile for style, obviously!

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back