• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

bop- merseyside. (1 Viewer)

Well my friend has just popped over with a friend of his who has lost a very special bird at a display at the nearby stately home. Turns out the bird belongs to him and has been sucessfully caught.

Really wanted to get a picture to show you all how magnificent this bird was, still no camera although thought the camera on my mobile might be worth a shot.

So here is the picture of Lola

"Ah . . . . just as everyone suspected, a female sparrowhawk all along . . ."

Yea, she's a lovely female sprawk isn't she!! Lol

Well according to the gentleman who came to collect her, she is a juv golden. I have no idea myself as i have never ever seen an eagle before except at the zoo!!!

He says she is only a year or 2 old.

Whatever she was she was gorgeous and was quite nice once she was calm. Even let me stroke her without the threatening "i'm going to eat you" noises!

Just wondering if people agree with the golden eagle id? I assume the gentleman knew what she was but just wanted to be certain

Thanx for all the help and sparrowhawk suggestions Lol :)

I'm not well up on the legalities of keeping raptors but if the bird was legally acquired shouldn't the owner know exactly how old it is, rather than, "only a year or 2 old"?

The gentleman doesn't actually own the bird, he works for a centre and does displays. There was one Saturday morning at the stately home in our village and that is where she disappeared from. He has been working with Lola for about a year he said.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back