• BirdForum is the net's largest birding community dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE!

Register for an account to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS. Discover the fascinating world of birds, and win a birding trip to Columbia

Brazil Pantanal (Matto Grosso states) summer (1 Viewer)

ugolino

Dear All,
These are from a trip a few years ago during the summer in the Pantanal; I am not certain the IDs for these skulkers are correct and would love it if you could cast your eyes over them.
From the left, here were my guesses:
-Pale-breasted Spinetail
-Plain-crowned Spinetail
-Rufous-fronted Thornbird
Would you agree or object to some ?
Many thanks in advance, ugolino

Attachments

• Pale-breasted Spinetail BRA 7847.JPG
    Pale-breasted Spinetail BRA 7847.JPG
    543.2 KB · Views: 38
  • Plain-crowned Spinetail BRA 7183.JPG
    Plain-crowned Spinetail BRA 7183.JPG
    620.2 KB · Views: 33
  • Rufous-fronted Thornbird BRA 2555.JPG
    Rufous-fronted Thornbird BRA 2555.JPG
    114.6 KB · Views: 32

THE_FERN

Dear All,
These are from a trip a few years ago during the summer in the Pantanal; I am not certain the IDs for these skulkers are correct and would love it if you could cast your eyes over them.
From the left, here were my guesses:
-Pale-breasted Spinetail
-Plain-crowned Spinetail
-Rufous-fronted Thornbird
Would you agree or object to some ?
Many thanks in advance, ugolino

Think 2) is juvenile sooty-fronted spinetail. It's like this one:

https://www.hbw.com/ibc/photo/sooty-fronted-spinetail-synallaxis-frontalis/pijui-frente-gris-synallaxis-frontalis-sooty

[there's a Macaulay library image of juv of plain-crowned and it's quite different]

ZEISS. Discover the fascinating world of birds, and win a birding trip to Columbia
Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread