• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Bridge camera advice, please (1 Viewer)

I have both the 900 and the 1000. Never had a problem with the “autofocus speed” I spend a huge amount of time either sitting or wandering about and if I see something I just point the camera and click ��

One of the best things about the 1000 is the manual focus ring especially when searching in foliage for a bird, a simple click to manual and then a twist of the focus ring and you will be able to pick out any small bird deep in foliage.
To be honest, I have not found any situation where I have been unable to get a shot due to slow focus, or poor light. These type of complaint seem to come from people who don’t actually own or use either of these cameras.

The joys of a modern bridge camera are the versatility to take ANY type of shot, from distant objects (like mars) right down to ants 1 inch from the lens, and the P1000 will do all of these very easily.

A year or so ago, I was out with my 1000 and I was chatting to another guy. It was getting quite dark and a bird swooped down on to a post about 80 yards away. The bird was just a dark shape but I fired off a burst and when I checked after down loading and some editing, it turned out to be a Merlin. Now it took a bit of work to get an even half good image, but the camera had captured enough for me to get quite a good image, certainly more than enough to ID it

Den

I have both the 900 and the 1000.
You may have already answered but how do you carry the P1000 around if you're going to be out for three to five hours? My FZ-70 weighs around a pound. I have a camera case I strap over my shoulder and a cross my body, with the case on my right side so I can pull the camera out when needed. I also have binos on my chest on a harness.

I'm only 61 and in decent shape but the notion of toting that howitzer around for a few hours is ... intimidating. I'm trying to decide if the extra reach is worth a pound more weight than the P950.

To be honest, I have not found any situation where I have been unable to get a shot due to slow focus, or poor light. These type of complaint seem to come from people who don’t actually own or use either of these cameras.

The OP experienced the problem with a friend's camera. Might have been in an unusual situation, or some kind of settings problem?

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back