• BirdForum is the net's largest birding community dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE!

Register for an account to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

brown-crested flycatcher (1 Viewer)

49bentley

Canada
Can someone please confirm this to be a brown-crested flycatcher? Taken in Tamarindo Costa Rica in March.
Thanks
Chris

Attachments

• DSC03207.jpg
    DSC03207.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 35

KenM

With the other confusion species being Ash-throated which I think this might be, as to my eye, a less robust bill than one might find on Brown-crested, also the habitat with the former preferring brushy wooded habitats rather than BCF preferring larger trees perching rarely in the open perhaps unlike your bird?

Cheers

Andy Adcock

England
With the other confusion species being Ash-throated which I think this might be, as to my eye, a less robust bill than one might find on Brown-crested, also the habitat with the former preferring brushy wooded habitats rather than BCF preferring larger trees perching rarely in the open perhaps unlike your bird?

Cheers

Not in Costa Rica it's not...............

Birdingcraft

Either that one or Nutting's. Suspect Brown-crested but since they both look so similar, without more views and/or hearing it, I don't feel comfortable giving a positive ID.

Users who are viewing this thread