• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Bumble Hole & Warrens Hall LNR (1 Viewer)

This morning's quick walk around Bumble Hole produced -
3 Fieldfare by visitor centre, Kingfisher Bumble Pool, Redwings all over reserve & Bullfinch male by Bumble Pool viewing area plus all the usual suspects

Sunday morning walk around the nature reserve brought a few nice surprises for me -
6 Little Grebe (2 summer plumage, 2 Winter plumage & 2 Juveniles)
1 Kingfisher along canal by Visitor Centre
1 Little Egret in trees by fishing pool
7 Redwings in trees to the left of viewing area Bumble Pool

Coal tit on feeder on the path leading to the engineering building.
Buzzard in the trees to the rear of the feeder,
Other than this just the usual suspects around

Had a great walk around the reserve this morning saw the volunteers working hard today it’s a great job they do and without them the reserve would not be as good as it is.

Not too much to report on Bird species seen this morning as most of the pools where still frozen over but species seen today were –

Blackbird, Black headed gull, Moorhen, Wood pigeon, Starling, Long tailed tit, Magpie, Carrion crow, Wren, Robin, Mallard, Coot, Great tit, Goldfinch, Pied wagtail, Nuthatch, Blue tit, Canada goose, Mallard hybrid, Mute swan, Grey heron.

A Mute swan Youngster was by itself Just under the bridge to the left of the path just past the visitor centre our usual birds were down by the open water by the visitor centre.

Ring necked parakeet heard possibly around the fishing pool but not seen.

Will be heading to Bumble on Christmas day for a bit of Quiet birding so it's a MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL from myself and my best friend Poppi

Warning! This thread is more than 1 year ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back