• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Bushnell Legend M sticky focus wheel (1 Viewer)

It is surprising that Bushnell actually serviced the Legend M. IMO by far the best glass they made in a while for a very modest price. For anyone looking for one (8X42) there is one for sale on Astromart.

Just got them back from Bushnell. To my surprise I got my binoculars back. Work order says they replaced the focuser! It still has a decent amount of slop, is a little noisy, and harder to turn than I prefer, but it is markedly better than what I sent them. Overall I am pleased (after all, with optics this nice for this price one can't expect mechanical perfection) and these will certainly go back into service.
Very nice to hear a positive experience. Thanks for letting us know how it went. Im still putting up with the my stiff focus wheel just because the optics are so darn nice for the $200 I spent on them. They arent quite as wide as my 8x42 Monarch HGs, but the view is very very close. Crazy close quite honestly.

It is surprising that Bushnell actually serviced the Legend M. IMO by far the best glass they made in a while for a very modest price. For anyone looking for one (8X42) there is one for sale on Astromart.
There are some pristine Zeiss Victory 10X42 T* FL Binoculars on astromart as well. I cant see the price because I havent signed up, but they look very very nice. @dries1 Can you see what they are asking for them?

I too was pleasantly surprised. And I agree, view alone they can't be beat at the price point. Unfortunately I think Bushnell recognized that and "discontinued" them and slapped some more rugged armor on them and re-released them as the forge at a much higher price. If I didn't have a pair fresh back from Bushnell I would buy those on astromart all over again!

I have to pairs of Legend M 8x42's. One has a decent focuser and the other is horrific. It takes both hands working at almost full strength to move it in colder weather. I'd never wanted to risk sending them in for fear of getting a "equivalent " replacement that was not at all equivalent, but if they're actually servicing the focuser I may have to give it a shot.

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back