• BirdForum is the net's largest birding community dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE!

Register for an account to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Butterflies of Tanzania (1 Viewer)

Steve Babbs

Well I'm getting it for Christmas so I'll report back. There is a surprising lack of butterfly books for the region.

Xenospiza

Distracted
Supporter
Well I'm getting it for Christmas so I'll report back.
I'd be interested to hear about it. I looked for reviews after you mentioned it here... nothing.
There are a few unidentified butterflies (mostly Bush Browns) from TZ left on my list!

Steve Babbs

I spent ages looking for reviews. Their complete absence is rather weird. I figured it was worth a punt now it's been reduced to £25.

Andy Adcock

England
I spent ages looking for reviews. Their complete absence is rather weird. I figured it was worth a punt now it's been reduced to £25.
I've got it Steve, it's pretty good, photos of specimens but it's a large format, not field guide size. As you say though, not a lot available for the region so it's much better than nothing.

Steve Babbs

Cheers Andy. Odd that there's a major Odonata guide but not a butterfly one. Let's hope I get to use it before to long, although my hope of getting to Tanzania during the coming Easter is probably stuffed. Still hoping for Uganda later in the year though.

Users who are viewing this thread