• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Butterflies / Venezuela 1 (1 Viewer)

Holger

Germany
Some years ago I visited Venezuela for a mixed trip for birding and butterfly/moth "studying", it was really amazing to see all these uge amount fo moth and some butterflies. A lot of them are still not identified. But now I think that the members of this forum can help we to get an idea about the species! Let's start with the hard work now.

I will begin with some butterflies.

Note: I need some time to prepare the photos. Therefore I will add some threads step by step. I think it will be very interesting for all of us.

Attachments

• 1O3A1126(_Falter).jpg
    1O3A1126(_Falter).jpg
    767.1 KB · Views: 5
  • 1O3A1585(_Falter).jpg
    1O3A1585(_Falter).jpg
    894.7 KB · Views: 7
  • 1O3A1836(_Falter).jpg
    1O3A1836(_Falter).jpg
    708.9 KB · Views: 6
  • 1O3A1840(_Falter).jpg
    1O3A1840(_Falter).jpg
    528.7 KB · Views: 3
  • 1O3A1841(_Falter).jpg
    1O3A1841(_Falter).jpg
    567 KB · Views: 4
1 Looks like a Lycorea species, a large and complex group.

2 I have a feeling that this is one of the Morphos?

The last two are Hesperids again, Skippers and another large and complex group.

1 Looks like a Lycorea species, a large and complex group.

2 I have a feeling that this is one of the Morphos?

The last two are Hesperids again, Skippers and another large and complex group.
Not sure it is Lycorea as it's not got yellowish antennal ends. (Also wing shape.) There are a bunch of things with this colour pattern: ithomiines, Heliconius etc.

Agree 2 is nymphalid, but can't make it into a morpho

The blue one (3) is a riodinid, looks like Lasaia, I think

Not sure it is Lycorea as it's not got yellowish antennal ends. (Also wing shape.) There are a bunch of things with this colour pattern: ithomiines, Heliconius etc.

Agree 2 is nymphalid, but can't make it into a morpho

The blue one (3) is a riodinid, looks like Lasaia, I think
2 is a worn [Archaeo]prepona amphimachus

Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back