• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Buying a pair of binoculars (1 Viewer)

mmoyano

Martin
Hello there everybody,

I'm new to this forum, it seems very interesting. I'm want to buy a new pair of binoculars. I've been looking at the Audubon 8x42 HP and at the Nikon Monarch 8x42. Does anybody have any suggestions about these two binoculars, or about any binoculars they think are good in the $200-300 range?

I'll apreciate any help!

Thanks a lotl,

Martin

mmoyano said:
Hello there everybody,

I'm new to this forum, it seems very interesting. I'm want to buy a new pair of binoculars. I've been looking at the Audubon 8x42 HP and at the Nikon Monarch 8x42. Does anybody have any suggestions about these two binoculars, or about any binoculars they think are good in the $200-300 range?

I'll apreciate any help!

Thanks a lotl,

Martin

Welcome to BirdForum. Those are good models, and the Nikon Monarch gets frequent recommendations in that price area. BF has a binocular discussion section, and if you want advice from some real hardcore binocular enthusiasts, you might want to post your question there.

Martin, about a year ago I was at the point where you are now with regard to getting some binoculars. With information I got from birdform binocular section I decided on the Monarch 8x42 and bought one for me and for my wife. We've been very pleased. Along with the suggestions made by Curtis I suggest doing searches of birdform of the various models of interest. You'll find a lot of info on the Monarch.

Thank you both for your help. After reading a lot in the binocular's section I've decided on the Monarchs 8x42 too, they have good reviews from most people that have them. Stay well.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back