Buying binoculars in California (1 Viewer)

timills

Spending 3 weeks touring Nevada and California in August and fancy buying a pair of bins as a backup pair - taking advantage of strong pound. All the bargains and widest range of choice seem to be through online retailers which isn't possible for me as a tourist. Are there any good bino shops in San Francisco or Las Vegas? Scope City seems to be the only alternative but they don't seem to stock Leupolds. Can Nikon 8x30 E2 still be purchased in the states?

Thanks

Ian Mills

The Valley Walker

Mate of mine has just come back from Florida and he bought me a pair of Bushnell's (10x42) in Walmart and said there was a huge range to choose from - I would think you will have no problem getting bins out there by the seems...there is always the shooting & fishing shops too, they stock binouculars...try Bass Pro online to see if there is a shop in the area. My 1st choie was Nikon's but they didn't have the ones I wanted but these cheapo bushnells are well worth the price - about USD $30

timills

Thanks Valley Walker.

Searched for Bass Pro and they have a shop in Las Vegas so I will be checking them out and Walmart.

Ian

Tero

Retired
Wal Mart will have a few Nikons and Leupolds. Most cities have several large sports stores, you just need to look in the phone book. They are all geared toward hunters. Try Cabelas, Scheels, Dicks. REI has a few Nikons but on line store is better than the local stores.

Tero

Retired
This one may have quite a few binoculars
Bass Pro Shops (702) 730-5200 8200 Industrial Rd, Las Vegas, NV

Steve C

You might want to try this outfit. They are in Mendocino, right on the coast about an hour from San Francisco. They have lots of glass. They also have something that is sometimes lacking--people to talk to that actually know what they're talking about. They call themselves Out of This World and have the following website; http://www.discountbinoculars.com

timills

Thanks Tero.

Walmart seems to have a good range of binos but it seems a lot of models are only available by ordering over the web - presumably the range varies from shop to shop. Bass pro looks good too.

Regards

Ian

timills

That looks the business Steve!

Will definitely pay them a visit as we are staying at San Francisco for 3-4 days.

Regards

Ian

Users who are viewing this thread