• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Cambodia Nov/Dec (1 Viewer)

Arbu

Would Cambodia be any good for birding in November/December? I see that the rains stop around the end of October, but most trips seem to go from January to March. Is it a problem that there's still too much water around for the first few months after the rainy season?

I have gone birding beginning of December and it was pretty good. Might be a bit early for Milky Storks and I am not sure about your luck with the Ibises, guess it would depend on how much the water holes have dried out by then. On the other hand it will not be as insufferably hot as in March/April.

Hi
It would probably be worth contacting the Sam Veasna Centre in Siem Reap, especially if you wish to see the Ibis etc. They will also be able to help with knowledge of the weather.
Have fun
Tony

Thanks for the help. I contacted the Sam Veasna Centre yesterday, but no reply overnight. Cambodia looks a great destination, but it seems that going to see the ibises and florican works out to be very expensive, so I'm a bit put off by that.

But certainly the Ibises are well worth it. Did you take a look at my trip report? Wasn't all thaaat expensive.

OK, it's not so expensive, and Sam Veasna have said they can do a tour to the main places I want to visit for $1350, or $850 if someone wants to share. Problem is that I was counting on a promotion that Singapore Airlines have until the end of the month. If you do a search on their website they will happily tell you that they have flights available for £320 from London, and give you specific dates, but as soon as you try to book the price shoots up to £600. Kind of feel that they have wasted my time.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back