• BirdForum is the net's largest birding community dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE!

Register for an account to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Can an @ be used to tag someone in a post? (1 Viewer)

sbarnhardt

Traveling man
Opus Editor
Supporter
United States
I've not seen this mentioned, although I do not pretend to have seen everything that's been spoken about with this upgrade.

I do know on some forum platforms/packages/etc. you can "tag" someone in a post using the @followed immediately with no space by their username. This person will then receive a notification they were tagged in a post/ etc. so they can go to it.

Does anyone know if this will work on this new upgrade?

delia todd

If I said the wrong thing it was a Senior Moment
Staff member
Opus Editor
Supporter
Scotland
Yes you can @sbarnhardt

At least I was told how that worked some time ago. Think you type the username then a box comes up with the name in it that you accept which turns it into a link.

delia todd

If I said the wrong thing it was a Senior Moment
Staff member
Opus Editor
Supporter
Scotland
Cheers @ClarkWGriswold

Clever things can be done... but it still doesn't come naturally to me LOL. I'd still rather call you Rich..... (or is it ... what did I call you once.... Craig was it?) LOL

ClarkWGriswold

Carpe Carpum
Staff member
Supporter
Wales
Cheers @ClarkWGriswold

Clever things can be done... but it still doesn't come naturally to me LOL. I'd still rather call you Rich..... (or is it ... what did I call you once.... Craig was it?) LOL

I’ve been called worse D. Been struggling with our works systems today. Support gave the classic “The IT crowd” response and it worked. :D

Deb Burhinus

Used to be well known! 😎
Europe
@sbarnhardt @Kits @delia todd @ClarkWGriswold (it’s good this isn’t it 🙃)

If you are tagged in someone’s post, it might only notify you if you have the notification option turned on in your account. Try going to preferences and ticking on ‘if someone mentions you in message’ and also furthur down, ’if someone mentions you in a media item’

Would that work?

(personally I don’t think I want to know if people are talking about me when I’m not there (or even worse maybe, if they’re not! 😂😅)

65C6D533-24C4-44AC-A30B-D67656BA2495.png

sbarnhardt

Traveling man
Opus Editor
Supporter
United States
If you are tagged in someone’s post, it might only notify you if you have the notification option turned on in your account. Try going to preferences and ticking on ‘if someone mentions you in message’ and also furthur down, ’if someone mentions you in a media item’
I have all that clicked and I got no notification.

Oh well, it was worth a thought. Maybe something will surface.

Users who are viewing this thread