• BirdForum is the net's largest birding community dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE!

Register for an account to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Can you please help with the ID of these Terns and Gull/s spotted in the Gambia. (1 Viewer)

Butty

Sandwich terns at front, grey-headed gull at bottom right (if I believe the white-looking iris is real), Caspian terns at the back and right, and... err, yes... the tricky ones... royal terns, I guess - unless the one at far left cowering under a Caspian's bill is lesser crested.

Colin Hose

Sandwich terns at front, grey-headed gull at bottom right (if I believe the white-looking iris is real), Caspian terns at the back and right, and... err, yes... the tricky ones... royal terns, I guess - unless the one at far right cowering under a Caspian's bill is lesser crested.
Thank you Butty.

Alexander Stöhr

I think its another Caspian Tern, please note the right scruffy black mask behind eye.
And I think the others before had mentioned, its one of those helpfull threads to me, thank you to all.

Users who are viewing this thread