• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Cancun, Mexico....... (1 Viewer)

Conorbirda2

Hello All, Going to Cancun, Mexico, VERY soon. It is my honeymoon so am limited to the areas within walking distance around hotel. Anyone any ideas about what to do or see?

Paul,
Hope you have a good trip. A great location and some spectacular birds. I don´t have my list for there with me right now, but for a general idea I´ll attach this Trip Report . You really need to try to get down to P. Morelos and see the Botanical Garden. It´s only about 20 minutes out of Cancun and is probably the best birding around there.

Then here is another Trip Report Link

Hope this helps.

Hi Connorbirda

as Dave says, Peurto Morelos is very good for a day's birding.

The island of Cozumel just offshore has a few endemics and is a nice romantic loction to take the wife too - you can see turtles coming up onto the beaches at night to lay eggs - beautiful

I have a trip report to which i think is on Bird Forum somewhere - try searching for 'Birding and duding in Yucatan and Belize'

atb
Tim

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back