Canon 10D manual shutter (1 Viewer)

cspratt

Rather than buying the Canon electronic remote shutter
has anyone found a bracket for the Canon 10D that will accept
a manual shutter cable? I have a rewlly nice rig from Photosolve (U.S.) for my Nikon 4500 and was hoping to get one for my Canon 10D. The "generic" one from Eagle in the UK doesn't fit so I've been told.

Andy Bright

Administrator
Staff member
England
Hi Chris, I have seen another device that is a sort of velcro wrap-around affair that allows a cable-release to work with slr's...i have to admit that it doesn't look too appealing. I'll see if I can find a url for you too view it (it's available in N. America).

I presume expense is off-putting in getting the proper Canon gear (battery/portrait grip) and then getting their own electronic release (hard to find in the U.K)...though I'm sure this would be the ideal solution. Or do you just prefer a good old cable-release.

I've got a threaded shutter button, I'm allright ;)

cspratt

Hi Andy:

Thanks for the info. I had a Nikon electronic shutter for my Coolpix 4500
but I found it very tempermental. I prefer the old fashioned type of shutter release.
Too bad Canon never threaded the 10D shutter button!

digi-birder

Hi Chris,

If the reason you don't want to buy the Canon electronic shutter release is due to your experience with the Nikon one, let me allay your fears.

I bought the Canon release for my 10D and it works perfectly. A friend of mine, who switched to the 10D from digiscoping also went out and bought one after he saw mine. He had the Coolpix 4500 and he'd bought the Nikon release for that and didn't use it after the first couple of tries. He says the Canon one operates much more reliably than the Nikon one. I can't comment on the difference, as I had a universal manual release when I had a 995.

Andy Bright

Administrator
Staff member
England
cspratt said:
Hi Andy:

Thanks for the info. I had a Nikon electronic shutter for my Coolpix 4500
but I found it very tempermental. I prefer the old fashioned type of shutter release.
Too bad Canon never threaded the 10D shutter button!

Here's a link to that strap type adapter Cable release adapter though it sounds expensive to me. You can find this model all over the place, this was just the first i found on google
I wouldn't let the Nikon remote on the coolpix cameras put you off electronic releases for good, the real ones are reliable and slightly better in terms of stability than a manual plunger type.

Users who are viewing this thread