• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Canon 7d m11 (1 Viewer)

Got mine last week

I bought a SX40 from a very well know grey importer once and there was some kind of customs form in the package which stated that the item value was £29 When I actually paid around £250 if I remember right.

Out of interest do they show VAT has been paid on their invoice?

?
I got mine from this company along with a 1.4 Mark III extender.
On the invoice total cost was shown as $112, so it does look like that may be how they keep prices down. There is a VAT column but no figure shown, so I suppose it could be they declare a turnover figure below the VAT company threshold or they haven't reached it yet. Thus they are avoiding or evading VAT - not sure which but looks a little dodgy if not illegal.

I haven't had the chance to use the Camera much but on the one long shoot I was suprised that I seem to have much better results with 100-400 over 400 with and without the extender.
I started to Micro adjust the 400 lens up +8 before I saw improvements but still not as sharp as 100-400 with no adjustment. I'll have a play this week-end and probably post results on the other thread.

I got mine from this company along with a 1.4 Mark III extender.
On the invoice total cost was shown as $112, so it does look like that may be how they keep prices down. There is a VAT column but no figure shown, so I suppose it could be they declare a turnover figure below the VAT company threshold or they haven't reached it yet. Thus they are avoiding or evading VAT - not sure which but looks a little dodgy if not illegal.

I haven't had the chance to use the Camera much but on the one long shoot I was suprised that I seem to have much better results with 100-400 over 400 with and without the extender.
I started to Micro adjust the 400 lens up +8 before I saw improvements but still not as sharp as 100-400 with no adjustment. I'll have a play this week-end and probably post results on the other thread.

wouldn't have to sell much to reach the VAT threshold at £81,000 pa

My post about an item being falsely marked as £29 has nothing to do with VAT as such, it is because item valued at less than so much are exempt from taxes when passing through customs - I think this value could be £30 (hence £29). Another dodge is to mark as a gift - which again carries no charges as far as I know.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back