• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Canon EF 600mm f/4 DO BR lens (1 Viewer)

The f11 lenses may well suggest that Canon is very comfortable with the low light performance of their new sensors.

The f11 lenses may well suggest that Canon is very comfortable with the low light performance of their new sensors.
That's an extrapolation that I took from it too. :t:
I haven't seen any usage reviews yet, but I'd also take it that they are more than happy with the AF ability at f11 too.

If I get to f8, or f9 with my G2, I feel really stopped down, even with our bright light out here. ISO often starts going up into the mush zone on a crop body. Quite interested to see what sort of voodoo Canon have come up with !

With these new 'soccer mom' (as I have seen it described) consumer lenses, I'm not holding out great hope that we are going to see a f4 big white any time this side of the next generational change ...... ~4 - 6 years away ???? Probably in an RF mount. Some things (like the 7D III and F mount supertelephoto DO's) just look unlikely to now ever happen ..... ?

Chosun :gh:

I think Canon is doing something right here (more or less the same that m4/3 did several years ago). Make something that is better than the phone camera and still economically and weight-wise manageable for someone used to the phone. There has to be lenses fulfilling the above that are long enough that you cannot just crop from your phone image to get the same quality. Thereafter hope that a few get hooked enough to invest in the higher priced white whales.

Niels

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back