• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Canon EF400MM F/4 DO IS (1 Viewer)

Not anymore... I sold my version 1 lens about a year ago. It performed well under bright conditions but in low-light, not so much. I understand that the version 2 one is considerably sharper than the older one, and does much better in low light conditions...

I have one

I have the mark 1 400mm f4 DO. I bought it from new but have hardly used it. Not because it is a bad lens in any way, but because I used my 500mm f4 most of the time.
I have it for sale on ebay at present. The images I took of it were excellent as you would expect from such a prime lens. The main advantage over the 500mm f4 is the versatility in terms of lightness and ability to hand hold it when doing flight (and other) photography.
I will be sorry to see it go but I need the cash for a new camera body.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back