• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Canon S90 - two quick questions (1 Viewer)

Richard Ford

BF Member
Hi All
My apologies for not reading through the 93 post in the S90 thread since it is possible the answers are in there somewhere. I want to know if the Canon LA DC10 Lens adapter will fit on the S90? I think it works on the rest of the S series, it could then be used via the 37mm thread to attach to a scope. If not there are alternative ways to do I am sure. SRB griturn adapter?

Secondly the S90 will shoot RAW files. Can I use the DPP software I have with my Canon DSLR’s to edit these file?

Thanks

Richard

I own a canon s70 and the LACD10 and I don't think it will fit on the canon s90 because it is a different shape and is designed to fit the canon s60 and s70. I am planning on getting a canon s90 in the future and I came across this which is basically what you want.

I can't answer your second question

Yes, a electrical one! Easy to do self made in the length you like ;)
Please see http://chdk.wikia.com/
I haven't used this software on a S90 (a beta is available) but on a A590 some time ago, and that was a great addon software! You will keep the original firmware, it's just an addon on SD card.
I installed it also because of the electrical shutter feature to the USB connector with a selfmade cable (I wrote about it here in the forum). Even prefocus will work!

Hi Richard,

No, the LA DC10 won't fit the Canon S90 (different shaped camera so it won't clip on). I use a generic adapter I got off ebay instead. And DPP edits the RAW files fine.

Steve

Hi All
My apologies for not reading through the 93 post in the S90 thread since it is possible the answers are in there somewhere. I want to know if the Canon LA DC10 Lens adapter will fit on the S90? I think it works on the rest of the S series, it could then be used via the 37mm thread to attach to a scope. If not there are alternative ways to do I am sure. SRB griturn adapter?

Secondly the S90 will shoot RAW files. Can I use the DPP software I have with my Canon DSLR’s to edit these file?

Thanks

Richard

Thanks for this
I bought the Amazon adapter mentioned in the link above it is excellent. A snug fit that still allows access to the adjustment ring on the front of the camera. It connects to the bottom via the tripod thread but with a nut that has another thread in the bottom, which allows me to connect one of my old generic mechanical cable release arms, which sits nicely over the top of the button. Works perfectly.
Cheers

Richard

Thanks for this
I bought the Amazon adapter mentioned in the link above it is excellent. A snug fit that still allows access to the adjustment ring on the front of the camera. It connects to the bottom via the tripod thread but with a nut that has another thread in the bottom, which allows me to connect one of my old generic mechanical cable release arms, which sits nicely over the top of the button. Works perfectly.
Cheers

Richard

That is good news then. So not a waste of money when I get a Canon S90:t:

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back