• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Canon SX50 Video mode (1 Viewer)

John In Ireland

Ireland
I have just bought a Canon SX50 to add to my kit. In the video mode I filmed this Kestrel at full HD 24fps. Quite disappointing really. The wing movement is very choppy. I will add that the camera was on a tripod. I would like to keep shots like this in full HD. Has anyone any suggestions? It was filmed in the Movie mode. To keep the wing movement smooth, should I have shot in AV and used movie mode from there? Or should I have shot it in sports mode or is 720HD 30fps the best way? I'm a bit confused. I cant see the point of having a movie mode on the mode dial when movie can be accessed in all other modes??

The example clip is here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQuU4ZjHBP4&feature=youtu.be

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back