• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Canon SX70 .... September (1 Viewer)

I totally see where you are coming from John.There are a few bridge cameras out there that are really close to hitting the jackpot but don't quite make it.I think the technology is there to produce that perfect bridge camera but at what cost to the manufacturers.
I have always believed that sometime in the future bridge type cameras will take over from slr's with interchangeable lenses.....it just makes sense.I also believe the technology is already with us to produce a bridge camera to genuinely compete at a great level with dslr's........manufacturers won't do it though as they have to much invested in the rest of their range of products.
It may be that Canon has seen the success that nikon has had with it's p900 and 1000 and thought it better not to bother offering a really great bridge camera in order to protect sales of it's other designs.
This may sound far fetched but we all know what canon is capable of and a really awesome bridge camera could definately eat into the sales of more expensive equipment......who knows.

To me the perfect bridge camera would be the SX50 lens coupled with an improved version of its 12mp sensor (not a high noise 20 mp sensor) and with current day processors and electronics.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back