Hi all, I have a bird that I can't identify from its call. Can anyone help?
- I hear this bird only while at home, most days, a few times each day.
- I'm not sure if it is around in winter, probably would not hear it from indoors with windows closed!
- I live in West Yorkshire, UK, a couple of miles outside the Peak District national park. The area is moorland, around 1000ft/300m above sea level.
- I have never seen the bird making the call, so I may have seen the bird but not associated it with the sound.
- I have an audio recording in mp3/wav format. The sound is very clear in the recording.
- BirdNET and Merlin apps cannot identify the bird from the recording
- I have asked a work colleague who is a keen bird spotter but she cannot identify it.