• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Can't Remember Goa. (1 Viewer)

Barred Wobbler

This is the only shot I got of this bird in Candolim. It rings a bell that there was a prinia of some sort knocking about at the time, but I can't for the life of me remember what this is.

The colour may be affected by the sunlight at the time, quite early in the morning, an hour after sunrise, so rather yellowish.

Attachments

• IMG_9114-web.jpg
    IMG_9114-web.jpg
    233.4 KB · Views: 141
Any warbler experts?

I did a data recovery on the card, but there's still only this one image. The next three frames that were deleted on site in the camera were all of a bare branch, so the bird was just there long enough to point the camera at the movement, focus and fire.

I don't think they're likely in Goa, they aren't on the checklist of Goan birds that I have and their range is much further north, Pakistan & NW India.

Oh dear, I thought Goa was NW India, am I getting mixed up with that place where they have Asiatic Lions? [embarrassed smiley]

It's on the west coast, but a bit more than half way down, more or less opposite where the east coast changes direction from south-westerly to more or less southerly. You're thinking of Gujarat.

No lions in Goa, but one of the guides at Backwoods told us they had a leopard turn up in the area a while ago. The first thing it did was wipe out two guard dogs. Apparently it keeps itself to itself except when it gets seen occasionally in the monsoon season. They have dholes there too, but the wildest mammals we saw were the monkeys and the giant squirrels.

Down on the coast there were a few mongoose and a pod of hump-backed dolphins were patrolling about 40 yards offshore one morning before the sunbathers arrived

Attachments

• Malabar-Giant-Squirrel-(39)-web.jpg
    Malabar-Giant-Squirrel-(39)-web.jpg
    251.5 KB · Views: 20
Bonnet macaque, mongoose and one of the dolphins.

Attachments

• Bonnet-Macaque-(1)-web.jpg
    Bonnet-Macaque-(1)-web.jpg
    212.6 KB · Views: 19
  • Grey-Mongoose-(4)-web.jpg
    Grey-Mongoose-(4)-web.jpg
    309.1 KB · Views: 17
  • Hump-backed-Dolphin-(12)-web.jpg
    Hump-backed-Dolphin-(12)-web.jpg
    158 KB · Views: 20
Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back