• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Carl Zeiss Jena 10x50 Dekarem (1 Viewer)

grg

I was told by a member on another site this was a great place to get binocular info, after reading for a while I would say they are right.

I have a pair of the title binoculars that I bought new in East Berlin back in early 1986. I was wondering if anyone can suggest a value as I have been trying to clean out some of the things I don't use. These binoculars have hardly been out of the case and I don't think they have ever been used out of the house. They are very clear and in beautiful condition but I have a couple pairs of rubber coated newer binoculars in one a larger and the other more compact sizes.

If anyone could suggest a value I would appreciate it. I do have 2 friends interested in them but neither of them or I have a clue as to what would be a fair price.

Thanks in advance.

Glenn

I was going to put a few pictures on but I can't seem to do that. It says my pictures are to large. I have all the papers, case, strap included. I don't think there is a mark on them, if so would be tiny and I missed it.

Thanks for the link, mm
There's a great read on Zeiss post-war history couched in the allbinos article for those interested.

that article is dated 6 years ago...history on these bins could of changed in the last 6 years....a lot of that has been happening in other historical areas in the last few years....but then I havent heard of any examples of these bins being purposely destroyed lately....so the history should still be good....:t:

Hello,

I think the binocular would be of more interest to amateur astronomers than to bird watchers. Lack of close focussing and of reliable waterproofing is of little concern to the amateur astronomers.

Stay safe,
Arthur Pinewood :hi:

Dekarem 10X50

Hello,

I think the binocular would be of more interest to amateur astronomers than to bird watchers. Lack of close focussing and of reliable waterproofing is of little concern to the amateur astronomers.

Stay safe,
Arthur Pinewood :hi:

:t::t:

Try Cloudy Nights Forum, the Dekarem has been discussed there also.

Andy W.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back