• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Central Ethiopia (1 Viewer)

madpitta

United States
I recently did a short birding trip to Ethiopia to see spectacular wildlife like Arabian Bustards and Geladas (Attenborough's iconic coverage of these highland monkeys on BBC Planet Earth made an impression on me). Link to detailed trip report with many photos:

https://www.cloudbirders.com/tripreport/repository/BARUAH_Ethiopia_1112_2018.pdf

If you only have a short vacation of one week then this trip is ideal as Addis is well connected to international airline hubs. This itinerary has both high quantity (305 species in 7 days) and also high quality (my top 5: Arabian Bustard, Harwood's Francolin, Scissor-tailed Kite, Red-billed Pytilia, Abyssinian Woodpecker).

Enjoy!

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back