• BirdForum is the net's largest birding community dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE!

Register for an account to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Central Florida- Mystery Evening Song (1 Viewer)

moldy almond

United States
Hello,

I have heard a certain bird song several times within the past few weeks while hiking the trails of the different parks in the Green Swamp Wildlife Management Area in western central Florida. I have been unable to identify it. I have not been able to see the bird unfortunately (when I approach the bird ceases singing and its been too dark out for me to see it otherwise), though I felt the song might be distinct and repetitive enough for a seasoned Floridian birder to recognize? So far I've only heard it at the end of the day in the late afternoon/evening as the sun is going down.

This particular recording was taken within Colt's Creek State Park, between Lakeland and Dade City, on November 14th, 2020 at around 6:00-7:00 PM. The recording is a little quiet (sorry) so I recommend using headphones, or full volume. Any ideas are greatly appreciated, thanks in advance. :bounce:

Attachments

• Unknown Evening Song Colt’s Creek.m4a
    54.3 KB · Views: 17

Users who are viewing this thread