• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Chameleon sites around Malaga? (1 Viewer)

broadbill

Hello. I'm heading out to Spain soon staying around 1.5 hours north of Malaga, to try and see Spanish Lynx. I'd also love to see Chameleon on this trip also as I've never seen them previously. I've got a couple of sites from previous threads in SW Spain, but just wondered if anybody knew of any other good sites nearer the Malaga area which is much quicker for me to get to from my base. Many thanks.

Hello. I'm heading out to Spain soon staying around 1.5 hours north of Malaga, to try and see Spanish Lynx. I'd also love to see Chameleon on this trip also as I've never seen them previously. I've got a couple of sites from previous threads in SW Spain, but just wondered if anybody knew of any other good sites nearer the Malaga area which is much quicker for me to get to from my base. Many thanks.

There are some around nerja that are mentioned in the 50 European wildlife weekends book. I’ll have a look at details later and post

no idea how good it is but it mentions along the rio chillar out of nerja north of the a7 motorway underpass also a potential starting point walking north from the cement factory i have been to nerja but not done the walk.

no idea how good it is but it mentions along the rio chillar out of nerja north of the a7 motorway underpass also a potential starting point walking north from the cement factory i have been to nerja but not done the walk.
Many thanks, will definitely give that walk a try. Thanks for taking the time to look it up...

I have seen them on trees at the Technology Park in Campanillas (36.731939, -4.549892 is the entrance) when I have been visiting the various pools for dragonflies.
You can download a pdf at the bottom of Anfibios y reptiles de la Gran Senda de Málaga y provincia - which takes you to https://static.malaga.es/malaga/subidas/archivos/0/6/arc_338660_v3.pdf.
An english language pdf of the sections of the Gran Senda can be found at Topoguide GR 249 Great Málaga Path (edition November 2021). Unfortunately there's no english language translation of the amphibians pdf!

Attachments

• 600D_9185.jpg
    600D_9185.jpg
    243.5 KB · Views: 14
Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back