• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Changes at Lynx Edicions (1 Viewer)

sicklebill

well-known Cretaceous relic
Australia
Big news from Lynx, I wish them all the best and hope their great series of publications can continue

A MESSAGE FROM LYNX EDICIONS’S FOUNDERS:

Dear friends and colleagues,

As many of you probably already know, our publishing house, Lynx Edicions, has been through complicated times as a result of the COVID-19 global pandemic. The challenges of the public health crisis itself, the direct economic repercussions on our company and the worldwide impact on publishing in general have been difficult to navigate. As the Founders of Lynx, we have tirelessly studied all the possible options, without ruling out any, to restore the company’s economic viability.

Today we are happy to share the good news that the Lynx editorial brand and its activity in the world of natural history publishing will continue with a sound future. Two outstanding members of the Lynx team—Yolanda Aguayo, Financial Director, and Amy Chernasky, Editorial Coordinator—have started a new company, Alada, that will take charge of the commercialization of all current Lynx publications and will continue to develop new projects in-line with those you have come to trust and enjoy from Lynx. Please read their presentation below.

We have lived intensely the past 32 years of Lynx’s existence with a passion for our projects, which hopefully we have shared with the public, especially for the Handbook of the Birds of the World and Handbook of the Mammals of the World series. Our accomplishments would not have been possible without the support of our customers and collaborators, to whom we are eternally grateful. It has been an honour to serve our community, to promote the dissemination of knowledge and to encourage the conservation of our natural world. It is now time for us to pass the torch on to the next leaders, but we are doing so with great pleasure to know that it is going to experienced, loving hands that will carry it into a bright future.
With thanks and best wishes,

Ramón Mascort, Jordi Sargatal and Josep del Hoyo

A MESSAGE FROM THE ALADA TEAM:

Greetings from Alada!

With our 20 years of experience at Lynx Edicions and our love for what we do, we have decided to create a publishing services company, named Alada (“winged”), with the main goal of continuing Lynx’s important work. We are grateful and honoured that the Lynx Founders have entrusted us with this responsibility, and we look forward to continuing our relationship with our supportive customers and collaborators. We are carefully planning all the details so that the transition is smooth and seamless, and we remain at your full disposal for any queries or doubts you may have about this new chapter in Lynx’s story.

We hope that you are as excited as we are about this news and that you stay tuned to see what we have in store next!

Kind regards,

Yolanda Aguayo and Amy Chernasky

LYNX EDICIONS
Montseny, 8
08193 Bellaterra (Barcelona)
Spain

Where did this news appear?

I wonder if this upheaval, has anything to do with the late appearance of the forthcoming titles, Mammals of Madagascar which was due late May and the new Seabird guide which keeps slipping?

What does this mean for the actual Lynx brand on books, is that now gone? Will the field guide project continue? How will they look?

This happened during the production of the 'Butterflies and Moths of Great Britain and Ireland' series which is still not complete. Three different publishers, have been involved and in their wisdom, one of them decided rather stupidly, to produce two volumes which were much taller than all the others which to a collector with mild OCD or perhaps even to one without, is very annoying,

Last edited:
Where did this news appear?

I wonder if this upheaval, has anything to do with the late appearance of the forthcoming titles, Mammals of Madagascar which was due late May and the new Seabird guide which keeps slipping?

What does this mean for the actual Lynx brand on books, is that now gone? Will the field guide project continue? How will they look?

This happened during the production of the 'Butterflies and Moths of Great Britain and Ireland' series which is still not complete. Three different publishers, have been involved and in their wisdom, one of them decided rather stupidly, to produce two volumes which were much taller than all the others which to a collector with mild OCD or perhaps even to one without, is very annoying,
Well...I mean book publication dates, especially of field guides, slip all of the time even without any behind the scenes issues at the publishing company. So may not be related to this current situation, which I am still confused by.

I got the letter from the Lynx team. I think the imprint will continue and hopefilly new field guides as well.

From their website I think they will use Lynx Edicions as a brand while the company name is different.

The address appears to be now "Alada Gestió Empresadial S.L."

Also, note the careful wording. Lynx Edicions is a publishing house, Alada is a publishing services company.

It makes sense indeed. The Lynx name is really valuable!

Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back