• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
Feel the intensity, not your equipment. Maximum image quality. Minimum weight. The new ZEISS SFL, up to 30% less weight than comparable competitors.

Chinese Blue-Flycatcher Kaeng Krachan NP area , Thailand, November (1 Viewer)

raoul84

Hello,

i'd like to see attached a Chinese blue-flycatcher, could an expert confirm or deny ?
This guy have a rufous tail.

Attachments

• Gobemouche de Yunnan 2022-11 Kaeng Krachan.jpg
    Gobemouche de Yunnan 2022-11 Kaeng Krachan.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 31

andyb39

It could also be female Hainan Blue with that slight greenish time to the upper parts and pale yellow-orange breast but I'm not sure. Bill shape and leg colour might favour Chinese though. I this the only image? These female Cyornis are very difficult.

raoul84

Here You are Andy, this is the only other one i have.

Attachments

• Gobemouche de Yunnan 2022-11 Kaeng Krachan-2.jpg
    Gobemouche de Yunnan 2022-11 Kaeng Krachan-2.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 13

andyb39

The pale throat wedge could signify Chinese after all. The bird looks a little dull and grey for Chinese but that may be due to washed-out images. It resembles this bird somewhat, which was identified as probable Chinese: Facebook.

Users who are viewing this thread