• BirdForum is the net's largest birding community dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE!

Register for an account to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Choosing a camera (1 Viewer)

caleb cda

I have a kowa 884 with the newer wa eyepiece with a pa7.

What I am looking for is a fairly weatherproof camera that is not real big and bulky so I can pack it around in the Hills something that will take really good pictures that would have an easy Mount to this system and does not cost a ton of money. I have looked a little at the Sony a6000 and just a few others I want to get a remote shutter trigger what do you guys suggest? Right now I have Olympus tg-2 the Canon 40D and them not real impressed with the Olympus and the cannon is too big for hiking around.

jourdaj

Take a look at the Sony Cybershot RX100 III to RX100 V generations. Tiny cameras w/ excellent image quality for digiscoping.

caleb cda

Take a look at the Sony Cybershot RX100 III to RX100 V generations. Tiny cameras w/ excellent image quality for digiscoping.

How might I mount the rx 100 to my spotter?
How does this compare to the Olympus om-d series? Or the Canon G7x mark 2

caleb cda

I ended up getting a good deal on an a6000 body I talked to a few people that do the same types of things as I with the outdoors and they suggested that one now I just need to find a few lenses for it I will match this up with my kowa 884 with the wide-angle lens

Users who are viewing this thread