• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

chough (1 Viewer)

kelvin.dunford

Hi guys,visiting pembroke first week in may,based in broadhaven,looking to video chough,any advice on areas to visit,plus are there any inland lakes or areas of water that are good for wildlife in general, regards, kelvin.

i just got back from skomer island on the pembrokeshire coast.I saw a chough about 70 metres away which i was pleased to see as the warden thinks they may have suffered with the harsh winter , even more so on the mainland.

Hi guys,visiting pembroke first week in may,based in broadhaven,looking to video chough,any advice on areas to visit,plus are there any inland lakes or areas of water that are good for wildlife in general, regards, kelvin.
Should be Chough on the headland which overlooks Skomer. Pak in the NT Car Park at Martin's Haven. Walk to far corner of car park and follow footpath away from Matins Haven. Bear right when you get to the cliff and follow path around headland. You should see some, or maybe Raven and Peregrine. Kestrel and the Large Gulls use the updraft to wheel & hover.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back