• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Chris Packham and his step daughter in new series on BBC2 called Chris and Megs Wild Summer starting on the 29 August 2021 (1 Viewer)

IAN JAMES THOMPSON

I've enjoyed the first two episodes. There's not a lot of wildlife in it, but I like the banter between them as they travel around.

I remember him tweeting something maybe a year ago about wanting to seek out optical devices from companies with no links to shooting animals. Perhaps Kowa fits that bill?

I remember him tweeting something maybe a year ago about wanting to seek out optical devices from companies with no links to shooting animals. Perhaps Kowa fits that bill?
Perhaps, but Japan's whaling history should also strike a chord even if not directly linked to optics.
Aside, their relationship seems fantastic even if quirky at times. Personally a very well edited series.

Was going to suggest they use a spotter, some of the places they’ve been need a greater reach than bins can provide. I see Megs using a new Canon IS, so she’ll be enjoying the stable views. For animal friendly kit, you could always get astro kit… great optical quality, just weigh somewhat more.
Great series, would be excellent to have another series, they make a great pair of presenters.

Peter

Could you hear a yellowhammer at the beginning of the osprey segment?

Also I looked up the place they were in hoping to see the pine martens but the people who ran the cafe have retired and closed it. It seems you can still book into the building to watch mammals but you have to do this through Speyside Wildlife.

Another excellent episode in the Outer Hebrides to bring the series to a close. Common and Risso's dolphins, minke whales, golden and white-tailed eagles. I love the banter too - "You've left your bins in the car, are you some sort of amateur?"

I have watched some episodes and it has been excellent. I am surprised they did not comment on the 2 Great White Egrets in flight when in North Wales.

Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back