• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Ciovo, Croatia ID help please :D (1 Viewer)

Josh1234

United Kingdom
Hi all,

Spent some time in a few different places in Croatia recently and have some poor photos of birds I'm not sure on.

Please see attached; the first one.

Ciovo, (near Trogir).

First thoughts are lesser grey Shrike but I'm not convinced.

Any help much appreciated. 👍👍👍

Hello,
any more pictures?
I agree with Butty, these are puzzling pictures and I get a Sylvia vibe, too.
My guess in quiz modus would be a Blackcap, but with many ????

Definitely not a shrike - of any kind. What made you think it was? In one of the shots the bird appears to be vocalising, what did it sound like? Without more clues your bird is unlikely to be identifiable.

RB

Black Cap was my second thought- and this photo was what made me think...apologies I didn't upload originally.

I saw a Shrike later in the trip so saw it was quite different but I'm only a year in to birding so don't trust myself...especially abroad.

I don't remember it vocalising but In the same tree were serin, green Finch, chaffinch, great tit and maybe others- so it may have been "drowned out".

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220616-224429_Drive.jpg
    Screenshot_20220616-224429_Drive.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 26
Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back