• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Close encounters with a Buck Muntjac. (1 Viewer)

KenM

Muntjacs have been appearing in the garden for several years now and this one at first covertly, then became a little bolder, whereupon I was afforded some shots albeit unbeknowingly to the subject.

However what surprised me were the canines (teeth), visibly showing! Probably a mark of my observational skills for not noticing previously. :eek!:

Don't know if this is an adult male feature or not?

Cheers

Attachments

• P2170603.jpeg   Muntjac 4.jpeg
    P2170603.jpeg Muntjac 4.jpeg
    151.7 KB · Views: 31
  • P2170639.jpeg    Muntjac 3..jpeg
    P2170639.jpeg Muntjac 3..jpeg
    162.9 KB · Views: 21
  • P2170648.jpeg    Muntjac 2..jpeg
    P2170648.jpeg Muntjac 2..jpeg
    141.5 KB · Views: 29
  • P2170649.jpeg   Buck Muntjac.jpeg
    P2170649.jpeg Buck Muntjac.jpeg
    115.1 KB · Views: 23
I get quite a few in the countryside where I live but that's great to see them in such close proximity to the City..

Ian

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back